Friday, May 23, 2014

Display Case!

Oh the display case.......one successful display leads to a desire to create another of equal or greater success.  The self-induced pressure is what drives me.  That and the fact that I actually really love creating display cases that make people smile.  Having said that, I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of January's iRead case.  It featured iPod representations with students pictures and a "playlist" of their favorite books.  The kids loved that one and asked to take their iPod representations home. Then there was February's display case - a favorite of many and yes, once again I forgot to take a picture.  That was the giant origami case that featured Tom Angleberger's Origami Yoda book series.  I folded and displayed a giant origami Yoda, Darth Paper, and Jabba the Puppet.  Forgetting to take pictures of these cases is a concept my 13 year-old daughter can't wrap her mind around.  She takes a picture of (literally) everything she does.  She Instagrams images of her Starbucks drinks, Snapchats wardrobe decisions, and Tweets every funny thing she sees.  She doesn't understand how I could be so old that I could actually forget to snap a pic of something I put so much work into!  In her mind, if you don't post it somewhere it may as well have never happened.  Looks like I'll have to recreate those cases next year just so I can get some documentation.

At least I remembered to get a picture of March/April's case - the literature genre theme that went hand-in-hand with our building wide March Madness Reading Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment